So last Thursday ended Month #3 living in good ol’ Dublin!
It’s Month #3 and this place is really, REALLY starting to feel like home. I regularly hang out with new friends. We have bars that we know and love, but are also still exploring new places. I know how to get to my usual spots. I can understand the Irish accent better. And I’ve taken advantage of the scenery of this beautiful country!
During Month #3 we had two friends from back home come to stay with us! That gave us a chance to be a bit more touristy than normal! We visited the Cliffs of Moher, the Jameson Distillery, the Dublin Zoo, the Howth Cliffs, and I found some time to check out another music festival (of course)! We also saw Once the Musical in Dublin. We even went out in Temple Bar, which we NEVER do (wayyyyy too touristy for us #locals).
Here are some (MORE) things I love about living in Ireland:
1. I love taking public transportation to work. I know that sounds weird, but it’s true! On my way to Howth, I love seeing the beautiful coast through the windows of the DART. It’s such beautiful scenery to start the day!
2. I love living in the city centre. We are walking distance to EVERYTHING! Sure, it can be noisy, and there’s beggars and junkies sleeping on the streets sometimes, but I guess you could say that it just adds to the charm? Either way, I love the buzz and energy of the city centre. I’m finally out of the suburbs!
3. I love my coworkers! I have 2 part-time jobs and I love the people in both. We go out together, we’re always chatting, and it makes working so much more fun when you love the people you work with!
4. I love how it’s so easy to get from Ireland to other places! We got cheap flights to Copenhagen for the middle of September, then I’ll be going to Croatia at the beginning of September! The US is so big that it’s expensive to go out of the country, and sometimes even expensive to travel within the US. But here, other countries are just a stone’s throw away!
5. I just…I just…I just LOVE Irish accents! I don’t think I can say that enough!
Here is my third month of Irish life, in photos!
1. SHARE a post about travel! From road trips to trips abroad and from past travels to dream vacations. You can write about travel tips and tricks, favorite places to stay, or anything in between! Just make it about traveling somewhere!
2. GRAB the lovely button above.
3. LINKUP goes live every Tuesday at 0800 GMT. Make sure to comment here, on the cohosts blogs, and visit around!
1. Please only one linked up post per blogger. Save other posts for future linkups!
2. The last Tuesday of every month will be a themed prompt if you want to join in!
3. HOP around and meet new travel loving bloggers! Check back to visit some of the newer travel posts!